[SATLUG] Open Source Fest ?

r3d91ll r3d91ll at grandecom.net
Mon Mar 14 14:40:36 CDT 2011

I would like to see a presentation on how switching to Linux or F/LOSS
can lower IT costs for businesses. Why should a small business with less
then 20 employees need Active Directory don't know but many small
businesses are doing just that?  Why do these same businesses use
Exchange when they should be using something like Zimbra for half the
price.  Example a perpetual license from Zimbra for 15 users costs $840
with MS exchange the standard edition of exchange 2010 costs $699 plus
$67 per CAL.  Assuming 15 users thats and additional $1005 plus the $699
just for the package.  Given the current economy these are the things we
should be talking about.

Todd