[SATLUG] Open Source Fest ?

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 22:21:02 CDT 2011

I will give it a test drive.
Also here are a link to 50 apps and their open source alternatives:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9463 - their are also suggestions in the thread
http://whdb.com/2008/the-top-50-proprietary-programs-that-drive-you-crazy-and-their-open-source-alternatives/ - Here is a direct link to (From 2008) the comments have suggestions as well. Some of the apps are laughable e.g. Kaspersky to Winpooch.
Also some alternatives to Adobe Indesign: Scribus, Viva Designer and PageStream (http://www.pagestream.org/ http://software.viva.de/english/products/vivadesigner/
)

Probably already know but here are great resource for finding apps: http://www.linux.org/apps/  and   http://linuxappfinder.com/
100 apps listed here: http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/top-100-of-the-best-useful-opensource-applications/   and    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3255930
I'd be happy to put all the suggestions into an spreadsheet or presentation just let me know.
v/r
Chris