[SATLUG] ISP for Small Business with Linux

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:17:03 CDT 2011

> Hello,
>
> I am just setting up a Linux machine for research applications and
> discovering that ATT doesn't support DSL for Linux, and I haven't been
> able to find any work-arounds.
>
> It doesn't look like Clear supports Linux, but I'm not sure if you can
> work around it.
>
> What ISPs are people in SA using with Linux?
>
> Thanks,
> Liz

I am using Time Warner cable and my cable modem supports DHCP - I don't need
Time Warner to support Linux in order to use it. What specifically do you
need from ATT that is only available under Windows? It would seem their
service would be similar, i.e., supporting DHCP on a cable or DSL modem.

-borries