[SATLUG] ISP for Small Business with Linux

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:39:22 CDT 2011

Liz Hare wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just setting up a Linux machine for research applications and
> discovering that ATT doesn't support DSL for Linux, and I haven't been
> able to find any work-arounds.
>
> It doesn't look like Clear supports Linux, but I'm not sure if you can
> work around it.
>
> What ISPs are people in SA using with Linux?

I used ATT for years, but switched to Time Warner because ATT could not
   give me the speed I needed.  In either case, you use a cable
router(sic) and just plug in a real router to get a dsl/nat connection.

Also, I only use TW to carry my bits.  I don't use any other service
from them (mail, web, dns, etc).

   -- Bruce