[SATLUG] ISP for Small Business with Linux

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 17 16:57:38 CDT 2011

Hi Borries,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

> I am using Time Warner cable and my cable modem supports DHCP - I don't need
> Time Warner to support Linux in order to use it. What specifically do you
> need from ATT that is only available under Windows? It would seem their
> service would be similar, i.e., supporting DHCP on a cable or DSL modem.

Well, I'm using GRML and it's not detecting anything. I've tried using
all the tools like grml-network, and I'm not able to get connected. I
contacted tech support at AT&T and they wouldn't talk to me at all about
"unsupported hardware" and suggested that I contact some affiliated
company that would charge me for tech support. I was really hoping they
had some kind of document with configuration information. I haven't been
able to find a good HOWTO or anything.

Thanks,
Liz