[SATLUG] ISP for Small Business with Linux

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Mar 17 18:40:31 CDT 2011

-----------------
>> I am using Time Warner cable and my cable modem supports DHCP - I don't
>> need Time Warner to support Linux in order to use it. What specifically
>> do you need from ATT that is only available under Windows? It would seem
>> their service would be similar, i.e., supporting DHCP on a cable or DSL
>> modem.   -borries
You should merely plug in your desktop/laptop/router into the DSL or Cable
modem, setup your OS network application for DHCP, plug your CAT5 cable or
USB cable into the modem and be good to go.  I do this regularly when in
San Antonio using friends att.net DSL and TimeWarner Road Runner.
If you still have trouble try another Live Linux version.  HTH Lou