[SATLUG] ISP for Small Business with Linux

Kyle outcastk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 16:42:47 CDT 2011

I've got regular ATT DSL and I've had no problems(Debian-based and Fedora). Not
sure if switching to the business class would change much other then they
probably give you a Service Level Agreement, a higher bill, and a static IP.
Them saying they don't support it is just their way of saying if you have tech
problems related to settings on your box, you're going to have to fix it
yourself or they'll refer you to a fee based department of their's. My 2
cents(from Tier 1 for Uverse).

By the way, starting April 1st I believe, ATT is going to cap (regular) DSL at
150 GB/month and (regular) Uverse at 250 GB/month. Extra $10 for another 50/GB
after that. Not sure if that will affect your decision or not.

-Kyle