[SATLUG] Re: FAFSA application

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:37:06 CDT 2011

   I don't see what the OS has to do with this: it seems more a matter
of www standards and browser compatibility to me. I can see that some
browsers are available only on some OSes, but is IE on Windows really
different from IE run via WINE on Linux? How about Firefox? That's a
pretty standard and widely used browser: would a site that did not
function with Firefox on Linux also fail with Firefox on Windows or a
Mac? I would think so, but I understand there are quirks.
   I just think these things have to do more with the browser and how
well standards have been followed in creating the site, than with the OS
on which the browser is running.
   Linux users have a wide choice of browsers: even IE, if they run it
under WINE. So even if the sites couldn't care less about whether Linux
users can use the site, they probably care about Firefox, Chrome, and
maybe Safari users.

Regards,

Frank Huddleston