[SATLUG] Command line tool to list colors in an image?

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 06:45:30 CDT 2011

One of the programs in netpbm tools ( http://linux.die.net/man/1/netpbm ) might
have what you're looking for.

pnmcolormap can be used to generate a color map containing all of the
colors in a given
image.  The map can then be displayed on screen.

With a little programming, one could make use of the PAM tuple types and extract
the colors/frequency in an image (depending on your color map used of course).

Craig