[SATLUG] Re: D-Link Netcams

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:53:45 CDT 2011

> ...  I would like to get the file name into is ISO 8601 format (EX.
> IPAddress-YYYY-MM-DD-TIME.jpg) unfortunately %date% and %time%
> variables produce an invalid file format.
>
> Also given this capability we can also deep-six the Windows machine
> for Linux.  I know wget pretty well but from what I heard curl, sed
> and awk might be better for this.  Unfortunately I don't have as much
> experience in those programs and how to write it into a shell script.
> I was wondering is anyone had a recommendation of what tools to use
> and resources on how to use them?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
Eric,

   I see you are getting recommendations about other tools, so good luck
there. As far as using the date command to
make file names, you can format it to get something that will make a
better file name. I get a YYYYMMDD type format this way (I've already
set $prefix elsewhere):

outfilename=$prefix-`date +%Y%m%d`.mp3

Regards,

Frank H.