Re: [SATLUG] OT Laptop Overheating r3d91ll at
Fri May 6 12:08:49 CDT 2011

Sounds like he may have a bad cpu fan.  Will have to take apart to know for sure.

Sent from myTouch 4G

----- Reply message -----
From: "Nathan Oxhandler" <nathan at>
Subject: [SATLUG] OT Laptop Overheating
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 11:34 am

Have a friend that has an HP sd7000 laptop. He has had it to two different places with an overheating problem. Using the Windows operating system off the hard disk it hits 80C in less then 5 min. Using Puppy I was able to use it long enough to get his files off and not shut down at about 20 min.

Within one min. it hits 50C even loading Puppy from a usb. It happens faster with the charger / power supply attached. Anyone have this type of problem with their HP? Any ideas, like I said, it has been to two different places to be fixed with no luck.

SATLUG mailing list
SATLUG at to manage/unsubscribe