[SATLUG] OT Laptop Overheating

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:16:32 CDT 2011

Is the battery that is getting excessively hot too? If that is the case the
excess heat may be coming from a short in the battery. Often there isn't
much separating the battery from electronics in terms of insulation.  A
friend of mine's compaq does this before I figured it out and told them to
replace their battery. Sure enough it was able to keep cool after that.

Cody