[SATLUG] OT Laptop Overheating

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Fri May 6 19:26:12 CDT 2011

As I recall, that was the problem with a bunch of batteries made by Sony
(I think?).  A co-worker had one of the suspect batteries, but he was
able to run without the battery installed (plugged-in, of course) until
he had a new one shipped.  Maybe your friend should try that and see if
the problem persists.  If it goes away, then you'll know it's time for a
new battery.

Al Lesmerises