[SATLUG] USENIX HotCloud '11 Program Now Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Mon May 16 16:04:23 CDT 2011

We'd like to invite you to attend the 3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot
Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '11), taking place in Portland,
OR, June 14-15, 2011.

HotCloud '11 will discuss challenges in the cloud computing paradigm,
including the design, implementation, and deployment of virtualized

The program includes:

-- Refereed paper sessions on scheduling and resource management, economics,
security, OSes and frameworks, and more

-- Joint ATC, WebApps, and HotCloud Keynote Address: "An Agenda for
Empirical Cyber Crime Research," by Stefan Savage, UCSD

-- Joint ATC, WebApps, and HotCloud Invited Talk: "Helping Humanity
with Phones and Clouds" by Matthew Faulkner and Michael Olson,

-- Panel

-- Poster Session: This session provides an opportunity to present
early-stage work and receive feedback from the community. Posters
provide a great way to have more in-depth conversations between
authors and audience--so much so that we are automatically granting
each accepted paper a poster slot. We welcome submissions from those
who are not paper authors also. The submission deadline is Monday,
May 30, 2011, at 3:00 p.m. PDT. Find out more at:

The full program can be found at

Don't miss this opportunity to engage in dynamic discussion on
key topics in the cloud computing community. Register today at

HotCloud '11 is part of 2011 USENIX Federated Conferences Week,
which will take place June 14-17, 2011, in Portland, OR.

We look forward to seeing you in Portland!

Ion Stoica, University of California, Berkeley
John Wilkes, Google
HotCloud '11 Program Co-Chairs
hotcloud11chairs at usenix.org

3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '11)
June 14-15, 2011
Portland, OR
Sponsored by USENIX in cooperation with ACM SIGOPS
Early Bird Registration Deadline: Monday, May 23, 2011