[SATLUG] Time Warner Cable

Nate pixelnate at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:32:52 CDT 2011

> OT
> Is there  anyone else out there who is paying a princely sum and don't
> a want digital box..so much for cable deregulation and "more
> competition".  I received this from  Time Warner cable when I noticed
> that the c-span channels went missing:

I think we need a definition for 'princely sum.' I pay $125+tax for
1-cable box; 1-dvr; all the channels except HBO, Showtime, etc.; home
phone; internet (20Mbs down, 5Mbs up). Others may consider that highway
robbery, but I think that is a fair price for what I get. What I don't
like is the two-year contract I had to agree to so that I would get that
price, but as long as the price is fixed there shouldn't be a problem.

Keep in mind that if you aren't happy with your service, depending on
where you live, there are options - AT&T, DirecTV, Dish, Grande, etc.

Now, if you want to talk about princely sums, lets talk about the mobile
telcos...

~Nate