[SATLUG] Remote Droid on Ubuntu

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:38:44 CDT 2011

Anyone had any success installing and automating initiation of
RemoteDroidServer on Ubuntu 10.10 (no I haven't switched to 11.04, unity
drives me up a wall)? These are the steps that I'm using and subsequently
failing to successfully automate:

Cd ~

Wget http://remotedroid.net/RemoteDroidServer_v1.5.zip

Unzip –j RemoteDroidServer_v1.5.zip

(it will unzip 3 files, one of which is RemoteDroidServer.jar)

Java –jar RemoteDroidServer.jar

Initiate at startup:

update-rc.d RemoteDroidServer.jar

chmod +x RemoteDroidServer.jar

Minimize to background using devilspie:
sudo apt-get install devilspie
mkdir ~/.devilspie

Create a file called ~/.devilspie/teamviewer.ds and paste the following

(is (RemoteDroidServer.jar) "Teamviewer")
(begin (minimize) )

Someone smack me on the head and tell me where I'm messing up.

Peter J. Cross, MA
San Antonio, TX

-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51