[SATLUG] Time Warner Cable

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:39:03 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Jeff Morris <jeffm603 at nullmodem.org> wrote:

> Huh?
>
> Of course analog and digitital signals can ride the same line, they are
> simply at different carrier frequencies.
>
> That's a bit like saying digital and analog radio signals can't occupy the
> same airspace... which would mean that you can't use a cell phone anywhere
> that there's FM radio reception... think about it. :-)
>
> I too dislike the "oh just upgrade to our top package" mentality of cable
> companies.   I agree with Nate that what he's getting is fair for the money.
>  The problem is, if all I need is basic cable service, no digital, no DVR,
> only a handful of channels, moderate speed Internet like 5Mbps, and basic,
> local-only phone service... I'm still going to pay about 90% of what he's
> paying for the top of the line package.  And then I'm really not getting my
> money's worth.  For me it comes down to choice, and these days there really
> isn't any (in cable, Internet, phone, mobile phone, etc.)
>
> But then, that's why these companies are worth billions of dollars, while
> I'm only worth about the cost of a ham sandwich. lol. ;-)
>
> - Jeff

We dropped Cable TV all together ... , it is true, we might not be
able to see the latest episode of L&O, bigbrother or Celebrity
Apprentice, but what the heck, they are not worth watching either, I
miss Footballl and other sports but have been able to do well without
them too, so Im sticking to it.

--
Enrique Sanchez Vela