[SATLUG] Time Warner Cable

gbear14275 at gmail.com gbear14275 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:50:09 CDT 2011

Hello SATLUG,

I pay 40.99 for the top tier cable internet plan with Time Warner Cable
month to month... and nothing more. I've found with netflix, hulu and other
video offerings available online... who needs cable. I'll sign back up when
it makes sense to me... but that probably wont be till all-vid adapters or
FTTH at the least.

I would like to know if anyone is on GVTC and how their fiber offering is?
I just moved from Syracuse to here and miss the $179.99/mo 20/20 business
class FIOS I was on.

And yes... I would believe it very much that cable companies would inhibit
municipalities from getting into the ISP business... too much money and
power in that market to let it go easily. Personally I think the
infrastructure and content should be separated like with your traditional
phone. Don't like your carrier? call and switch and keep all the same
equipment, just change who you pay.

Very Respectfully,
Garrett Heaton

PS Any body to freelance LAMP work? Looking for a sysadmin and/or developer
to maintain a low volume online text based gaming site...