[SATLUG] Accidentally disabled all Broadcom drivers

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Wed May 25 15:34:59 CDT 2011

I was helping someone to install Broadcom drivers on his Ubuntu box. Unfortunately, I also managed to hose the (working) drivers for the built-in ethernet port. Given that this machine can no longer connect to the outside world, how might I restore connectivity/ drivers? (Modprobe b43 ssb wl didn't suffice. The firmware tar is on the machine - however the version of fwcutter did not recognize its md5sum.)

Sent from a mobile phone.