[SATLUG] Linux+,CCNA,Red hat, etc?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Nov 5 21:58:01 CDT 2011

Late response.. but Linux+ is an okay starting place for a n00b.. but not
really a big deal on your resume.. at least not for any big Linux shop (like
Rackspace and others).

Experience is always better than certs (usually).. both are best. But if
you're going to pick "two certs" that show you at least know a fair bit of
stuff.. I would say RHCE(SA) + CCNA would be a pretty well respected combo.
Knowing that someone can bot set up a server AND work out the networking is
worth a a lot.

Tweeks