[SATLUG] I want to be a Linux SysAdmin, where do I start?

Rusel M reokie at live.com
Thu Nov 17 19:26:18 CST 2011

Hi, this is my first time hearing about SATLUG and I am planning to attend the next meeting on the 14th! I have a quick question related to Linux system administration:
I am currently going to Palo Alto Community College for my AS in Computer Science. As of a year ago, Linux is my passion, and I have since switched my focus onto becoming a linux system admin. I currently have CrunchBang linux (Debian based) on my Laptop, but since I hear that most businesses are Red Hat based, I have CentOS installed on a Virtual Machine, and have beenlearning that for the past few days. What is the main distro I should study to become a system admin? Is a CS degree going to help with getting a job as a sysadmin?