[SATLUG] PC inside a USB stick

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Nov 21 06:40:39 CST 2011

Magicjack now offers a USB stick that no longer requires a computer,
all it uses the usb connector for is power. The device connects wirelessly
to your internet router and you can plug your home phone system into the
phone jack on the USB and you got VOIP. I haven't tried it, so I cannot
actually endorse it, but it sounds pretty cool. I wonder how you configure
it to work with a router without an interface. Perhaps a computer is needed
to do that part. Does anyone know?
-b.