[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] PC inside a USB stick

Tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Mon Nov 21 10:30:02 CST 2011

On Sunday 20 November 2011, Kernel Architect wrote:
> Thought you guys might like this. Along the lines of the Raspberry Pi that
> I sent a while back, another company has developed a dual core ARM PC in a
> usb flash for factor. It currently runs Android but can also run Ubuntu ARM
> and the future version of Win 8 for ARM. It has HDMI out and can display in
> full HD 1080P. Pretty neat little device if you ask me. Unlike Raspberry
> Pi, however, this company doesn't intend to release to the public (at least
> yet), they want to OEM it to other companies to do things with it. Perhaps
> if they get enough demand for wholesale to the public they may change their
> mind?

Or perhaps when they DON'T get the demand they were hoping for, they'll see
the light and open it up to evolve a hacking community, which will help drive
out-of-the-box corporate functionality and visibility. ;)

Funny how all these other proprietary/embedded manufacturers are trying to get
marketshare by taking "the Arduino Approach" now.. or at least trying to look
more like the Arduino form factor and community.

Tweeks