[SATLUG] RE: SATLUG Digest, Vol 94, Issue 16

Jennie Haywood jehaywood at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 18:12:45 CST 2011

Install Xen (which is actually Linux) on your one machine and then run
various distros as virtual machines.  You need to have a lot of RAM on the
one physical machine....

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Rusel M <reokie at live.com> wrote:

> > Message: 1
> > Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:54:22 -0800 (PST)
> > From: Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: [SATLUG] I want to be a Linux SysAdmin, where do I start?
> >       <satlug at satlug.org>
> >
> > Get a job at hostgator or something like that.  They wont pay you a
> whole heck of alot but it will get your foot in the door.  Thats all you
> need.   There was a recent job posting on SATLUG, look at what they
> want...read up on that, learn it, know it..live it.  There are a ton of
> "Linux admins" but not a ton of good ones.
> >
> > Another place to get your foot in is govt work.  They pay more (because
> contracts sometimes drop and you end up jobless) and you can network..meet
> other folks in your profesion..jump elsewhere etc.  For govt work, get
> certs...thats more valuable to them than a degree.  You gotta know your
> stuff though.
> >
> > -Alex

Jennie Haywood
----
Everyone is crazy. It's just a matter of degree.
--
The oak tree in your backyard is just a nut that held its ground.