[SATLUG] change default pointer

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Fri Oct 7 10:16:06 CDT 2011

hi folks, I have reduced vision and this pointer size prob is driving me nuts. I like the large red pointer and have used it in the mouse cursor settings but it does not work on the desktop. It works fine in Firefox and a few other windows but on the desktop only the tiny default black one and I just cannot see it very well.

What I would like is to replace the default with a large pointer that shows on booting up. I haven't been able to find a solution that will do this in googling. if anyone can work out the procedure to change this in Ubuntu 11.04 Gnome I would certainly appreciate it.
thanks herb hh