[SATLUG] Off topic - hard drives

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Tue Oct 11 14:17:59 CDT 2011

I have both on a linux and Free BSD Box, the Seagate Barracuda seems to
perform better, I got WD just for bigger storage.

Now the External WD has a very poor made SATA to USB PCB, the usb
connector broke fast (not a human error), I thought they just put glue
on it, but the 3 years warranty covers it.

I read the following thread online reviewing both drives (it might
interest you )

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/309735/western_digital_vs_seagate_we_take_look_two_storage_giants/

cheers

Rabie K