[SATLUG] Kernel Developers?

Steev Klimaszewski threeway at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:29:41 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Donald L Wilcox
<dwilcox at neonnightrider.com> wrote:
> One thing on my "todo" list is to get involved in the development of the Linux kernel, and I was curious to know if anyone else is or has developed/committed changes or modules to the Linux kernel.
>
> Donald Wilcox
> Web Developer
> --
> Phone: (210) 651-2087
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/donaldwilcoxjr

While I've not pushed anything to mainline, myself and a couple others
at Genesi are kernel developers for our ARM machines.  It really isn't
difficult, there's a great talk by Greg KH about it on youtube from
one of the linuxconf conferences (iirc).  The Documentation directory
is immensely helpful (and I do wish some of my co-workers would read
it so I wouldn't have to keep cleaning up after them ;) )   The
Documentation directory also has a todo list in there, iirc.  And one
of the most important things I can stress, if you don't have it
already, is a basic understanding of using Git.