[SATLUG] Hard Drives 101

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Sep 4 18:27:59 CDT 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Arthur Hall wrote:

> So, here's the pitch.  Does anyone have an extra SATA hard
> drive that I can beg, borrow, or steal?  Goodwill doesn't carry them and there is little or no funding available for this computer ministry.  We have been able to equip nearly 90 refugee families through donations of equipment, time, and expertise and a lot of that came from SATLUGgers.  Many, many thanks.

Don't know that I have any spare SATA drives, I'll have to check.

> While I'm in the traditional begging position, I might as well share the other current need.  I have seven PCs, lots of mice and keyboards, but only one fully-working monitor available.  Anyone care to create some extra space wherever workable-but-not-currently-being-used monitors are lurking around the house?

I have an old 17" CRT monitor that hasn't been used in years, but I'm not entirely sure that it still works any more.  And I have a 15" 4x3 format LCD that I don't really need because I already have more LCD monitors than I can use.  Both are color displays and take only analog VGA inputs, as I recall.

However, I'm not in a place where I can bring them down to San Antonio, although if someone else wants to provide transportation from Austin then I'm happy to check them out and make sure they're in working order before I send them off.