[SATLUG] vi editor

Crandall, Sean scrandall at jw.com
Tue Sep 13 20:33:52 CDT 2011

One other thing. If you just typed "vi" in a command line to open it, then the buffer doesn't have a name. So you would have to type something like ":w newfile.txt" which will write the buffer out to "newfile.txt". Then type ":q" to quit.

And what - no emacs trolls who have yet to see the light of the One True Editor?

Sean C. Crandall
Registered Patent Attorney

Jackson Walker L.L.P.
112 E. Pecan Suite 2400
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Phone:  (210) 978.7714
Fax:    (210) 242.4656
email:  scrandall at jw.com

This confidential communication is intended only for the named recipient(s). Please destroy it and notify me if it is misdirected.