[SATLUG] vi editor

Brinkley Harrell jbharrell at fusemeister.com
Tue Sep 13 22:00:29 CDT 2011

Sean --

Good troll -- to start a flame war. The one true editor had a couple of
names -- one was vi. Along with vi was Wordstar and Wordstar lives on in
several different connotations. The basic key strokes were adapted by
Microsoft, Borland, and others for their basic key movements.

For example, how many of you use ^C, ^V, and ^X  in your favorite
application? Several modern applications favor these commands. For
example, Debian, Ubuntu, and the Red Hat clones all offer "joe" and it
is actually five (5) editors in one. The editor "jstar" is a close
approximation of the Wordstar interface.

Regards,
B.