[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Small Business Open Source Fest

Jeffery Sullivan jdsullivan at wisdom-seekers.com
Thu Sep 15 13:22:21 CDT 2011

Hi Nathan,

It's been a little while since I've made it to a meeting, but I'm very interested in helping with this project as much as I can. I know that a friend and colleague is working to get permission and space on one of the local college campuses and I would like to offer myself as a presenter.

I am a small business owner (sole proprietor) and run my office almost completely Open Source. I can talk about how I made that decision, making the transition, working with clients that use other OS's, and the challenges and rewards of running open source. I can also talk about using open source on other platforms using tools like PortableApps, which I've used quite a bit.

Please get with me off list and I'll get you my contact and business information, and some background if you need it. I would LOVE to help with this effort, but I'll need to work my schedule to make it happen once dates are sorted out.

Thanks,
Jeff Sullivan

Message: 8