[SATLUG] How to mark a package as newest

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Sat Sep 24 15:01:39 CDT 2011

Well if you try to install it again it sets it to manually installed.
So If you run sudo apt-get install totem, if gives this output

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
totem is already the newest version.
totem set to manually installed.

You'll notice the next to last line says its set to manually installed