[SATLUG] Another way to end software patents

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 25 11:48:49 CDT 2011

Yes, this is Linux-related, as over-broad patents on software are
another way proprietary companies are attacking Linux and the people who
support Free/Open software choices.

From MIT's Technology Review:
White House Petition to End Software Patents Is a Hit
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/mimssbits/27194/

The article is a bit outdated as there are almost twice as many
signatures currently than the minimum required. More support, however,
will improve the likelihood of positive action.  --Don

--
I just realized the USB stick I casually loaned somebody has more capacity
than all the disk drives at my university (and cost less than one textbook.)