[SATLUG] Monitor Connections 101

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 13:16:06 CDT 2011

Greetings SATLUGgers,
Tried connecting my ancient laptop (IBM ThinkPad, Type 2682) to our 42" Panasonic HDTV to view a TV episode downloaded via uTorrent.  After following all of the admittedly sketchy instructions in the TV user manual, I get "PC" showing in the upper left-hand corner, but no other screen image.  When I put the thumb drive with the TV downloads in my desktop, the show plays on my 19" HDTV/monitor just fine.  However, the seating arrangement for the big screen is much more comfortable than it is in the computer room and I'd like to be able to take advantage of the bigger viewing area.  Any suggestions on a cure for my problem?  Thanks.
Art