[SATLUG] Monitor Connections 101 Update

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 14:53:40 CDT 2011

--- On Tue, 9/27/11, Don Wright <satlug at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Don Wright <satlug at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Monitor Connections 101 Update
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 1:59 PM

This sounds like the external video (HDTV) is an extension of the
desktop - a second screen alongside the laptop's main display. Try
dragging a window so it's partially off the laptop screen and see if it
shows up on the TV. Try all four sides, just in case it was stacked
oddly.  --Don

Don,

Tried dragging a window all four ways, but never saw any impact on the
HDTV screen.  One odd thing, though, was that the cursor shows up on the
 left side of the TV screen just as it moves off of the right side of
the laptop screen.  I can move it all around the TV screen and it won't
reappear on the laptop until I move it off of the left side of the HDTV.  Seems to lend strength to your idea of oddly stacked windows.

Art