[SATLUG] Monitor Connections 101 Update

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 15:12:28 CDT 2011

Arthur Hall wrote:
>Tried dragging a window all four ways, but never saw any impact on the
>HDTV screen.  One odd thing, though, was that the cursor shows up on the
> left side of the TV screen just as it moves off of the right side of
>the laptop screen.  I can move it all around the TV screen and it won't
>reappear on the laptop until I move it off of the left side of the HDTV.

So the cursor shows up on the TV, but not a window or icon you drag with
it? Sorry, but you'll need a better X Windows expert than I. Generally
with a laptop I try the built-in video switching commands (FN key plus
some function key with a screen icon on it) during startup, before the
window manager grabs the keyboard. This should either send all video out
the external port or mirror the laptop and external screens.

Wishing you much luck.  --Don