[SATLUG] 1U server recommendation

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 09:14:52 CDT 2012

My OS of choice will be Solaris, even though I've been a Linux user since '95.   I run Solaris at work and on a few other servers I maintain for various websites and it runs well.

I want something that is quiet.. One server I maintain is a HP DL380 G3...loud as hell, but its also fast.   This will be in my rack at the house, which is why quiet is good. LOL.  I'm not biased to any processor, from Atom to ?...

Application...hosting flash based sites, forums, blogs..nothing all that fancy that requires a super fast server.    Basically the equivalent of my DL380 D3.

TIA