[SATLUG] domain issue

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 14:33:24 CDT 2012

I'm kinda stumped..

Setup is a 1u rack mount, TW business class static ip, Solaris 10.

I have a domain "thegeekprophet.com" pointing to my webserver.   For now, it just brings up my primary website.   If I go to the url, www.thegeekprophet.com, it works fine..if I go to www.thegeekprophet.com/i.html it returns a 404.  Odd thing is, that file exists.  If you go direct to the IP 67.78.112.206/i.html it pops up.

When I look at my access logs and error logs, I dont see the request coming thru failing with 404 and that 404 page is not from my server!  It should return a plain jane Apache file not found page.  I'm not understanding how this is not working.   My domain is a plain redirect.  I've talked to Ehost and they dont understand the concept of "I'm running my own webserver and I dont see the request come thru".

I'm baffled and I'm thinking the problem is at ehost who I bought my domain from.

-Alex