[SATLUG] Texas Linux Fest Call For Papers Open

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 07:25:37 CDT 2012

As some of you know the Texas Linux Fest will be held this Aug 3-4 at the
Norris Convention Center in San Antonio. The Call for Papers opened up last
night, so if you have something to present about please submit your
abstract! http://2012.texaslinuxfest.org/news/call-papers

We are proud to officially open the call for papers for Texas Linux Fest
2012, scheduled for August 4 at the Norris Convention Center in downtown
San Antonio, Texas.

Texas Linux Fest 2012 is the third annual Linux and open source software
event for Texas and the surrounding region. We are assembling a one day
program for the business and home Linux user, and for the experienced
developer and newcomer alike.

*Join in: submit your session*
In that spirit, we invite you to share your work with the rest of the
community by submitting your session for this year's schedule.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

   - The Linux Kernel
   - Open Source Programming Languages
   - Databases
   - Linux Distributions: Desktop, Server, and Mobile
   - Embedded Linux and Open Source on Devices
   - Open Hardware
   - Network Services
   - Free Software Licensing
   - Community Management
   - Open Source Multimedia
   - Open Source in Government
   - Linux and Open Source For Beginners
   - Open Source For Small Businesses
   - Open Source Marketing and Evangelism
   - Open Source in Education
   - Open Source in Science and Medicine

Session slots are 30 minutes in length. However, if you have a strong case
for presenting a double-length presentation or workshop, please let us know
in the "special arrangements" section. We cannot guarantee availability, so
be prepared to discuss your plan. Basic technical setup will include an
overhead projector and a Linux laptop with PDF and LibreOffice presentation
software. Special setup needs will be accommodated; simply let us know in
the "special arrangements" section.

To submit your session for consideration, create an
account<http://2012.texaslinuxfest.org/user/register>and fill out the
session
form <http://2012.texaslinuxfest.org/node/add/session>. If you have more
than one session idea, please submit a separate session form for each.

For questions or help with the session submission process, please contact
the team at info at texaslinuxfest.org

*Important Dates*

   - April 16: Call For Papers opens
   - June 1 11:59 p.m.: Deadline for proposals
   - June 15: Notification of acceptance sent to speakers

Cody