[SATLUG] domain issue

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 14:07:04 CDT 2012

The current nameserver is ns1 / ns2 .ehost.com. The domain is a stealth redirect to my IP. What doesnt work is linking directly to files or pages on my site as in my previous posts.

Any other ideas anyone?

Me <ftm at satx.rr.com> wrote:

It sounds like, If I understand it, that you have two name servers for the
same domain pointing in different directions. When you change name servers,
you need to go back to the registrar and change it to whichever the current
name servers is. Then go to the new name server and point it to your IP
number. Once that is done, you should configure your server that uses that
IP number so calls for that domain resolve to the correct directory and
showing the default page to call up i.e. /index.html . The is three
settings. Domain registrar points to the correct domain name server, the
name server points to the IP number, and finally the server is configured
to point to the correct directory and default page. ( I hope
I remember this correctly, of not someone jump in and correct me,