[SATLUG] Re: HELP! Linux Mint install - fixing GRUB (Steev Klimaszewski)

Steev Klimaszewski threeway at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:32:18 CDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Maurice Fox <mauricejfox at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2012, at 12:02 PM, satlug-request at satlug.org wrote:
>

>>> Thanks, Steev.  What is UEFI, and how can I tell?  I think it's BIOS, from the last time I edited the bootup options.  Also, the program that came up is apparently GRUB2, not GRUB.  Sloppy of me for not being more specific.
>
> Maurice
> --

I'm not sure an "easy" way to tell the difference between UEFI and
BIOS, although I've never seen a UEFI (BIOS) configuration screen
where you weren't able to use the keyboard and mouse with it.  I'm
really  not sure, although it seems odd to have sdb and sda without
having 2 hard drives, unless I misunderstand your initial email.  One
other thing, it may have installed GRUB to sdb instead of sda, and
some systems don't like it when second hard drive is the bootable one.
 The missing partitions are somewhat interesting as well.  What
filesystem did you choose?