[SATLUG] Re: HELP! Linux Mint install - fixing GRUB (Steev Klimaszewski

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 24 15:18:49 CDT 2012

Maurice Fox wrote:
>Thanks, it sounds like the same problem I am experiencing.  Two questions:
>
>What is a Gparted CD, and how do I get or make one?

Check DistroWatch.com. "parted" (PARTition EDitor) is a library (set of
programs) for managing disk partitions. GParted is the graphic interface to this
library. My favorite live CD with GParted (and a bunch of other useful tools) is
Parted Magic, but most distros include it in some form. The parted project on
Sourceforge also releases a live CD called, oddly enough, GParted Live.
DistroWatch has several search tools you should try.

>What does YMMV stand for?

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/index.html
Bookmark it. Study it. Learn IT. (The last is an acronym.)

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on
fire over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark