[SATLUG] Fwd: Linux based RNDIS network gadget not working under Linux host

Travis Mosley tprowx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:26:14 CDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Travis <tprowx at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Linux based RNDIS network gadget not working under Linux host
To: satlug at satlug.com

Hello,

I have a Linux based network USB network gadget, a CLEAR Spot Voyager. It
runs Linux 2.6.23-uc1/vincent7-udc. When I connect it to a Linux host
supporting the cdc_ether, rndis, and usbnet drivers, it doesn't always get
an IP address on the usb0 interface [host side]. However, when I connect it
to Windows 7 running on the same computer, it always works.

Any way to diagnose why it doesn't always work on a Linux host?