[SATLUG] SATLUG Projects

todd w. bucy todd at bucy-medrano.me
Mon Aug 27 09:48:56 CDT 2012

During the Linux Day party a topic that came up a couple times that I believe warrants further discussion within the SATLUG community...Should SATLUG start and/or adopt a project.  I know that in the past this has come up before but has fizzled out so I believe that its time to run the idea up the flag pole again.  One area which I think has the widest appeal is Home automation. Given that, LinuxMCE is largely moribund (due to overly complicated licensing restrictions) could we not develop a something similar without all the convoluted licensing problems. Anyways anyone have any comments?

--
Todd W Bucy
DC Operations Manager