[SATLUG] 3D printers

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:04:12 CDT 2012

Ah,
A few infographics / surveys related to 3D printing that might help frame the
debate:

What is 3D printing?  :
http://blog.sculpteo.com/2011/06/27/what-is-3d-printing-infographic/

A nice infographic on "How 3D printing works :
https://www.hightable.com/infographic/43923

An info graphic that gives an overview to the "low/middle/high" end
question -> 3D printing matrix:
http://www.3dprinter.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TranPham-MATRIX.jpg

And for the current consumer 3D market (mainly niche) pricing, there's
http://www.3ders.org/pricecompare/3dprinters/

Usage Survey ->
http://www.3ders.org/articles/20120601-results-of-3d-printing-communities-survey.html

Craig