[SATLUG] Sept 12 meeting

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Fri Aug 31 13:31:11 CDT 2012

We are still open for a presentation or topics of discussion for the September 12th meeting.

There has been some discussion on the mail list about doing an open source / cross platform software project. Would this be a good item to cover? If so, items that would need to be covered include, but would not be limited too:

Which project or projects?
Who will head up the project?
What program language would be used?
How to handle 'Bug Reports'?
Where to host the Source code?
What happens when everyone gets tired of the project and there is no one to update / fix 'Bugs'?
What is the proposed 'Time Line' from the start of the project to the first public release?
How often to 'update'?
How to handle the release numbering?
What 'Open Source' license to use?

At this point I would prefer we limit the mail list discussion to the items that need to be covered and save the full discussion of the project / projects for the meeting. We can then do a overview of the meeting to the mail list and allow the project leader to decide how to proceed from that point.

Nathan