[SATLUG] Discarding old systems

Don Wright satlug at wricomp.org
Sat Dec 1 19:23:17 CST 2012

Andrew McClellan wrote:

>There was an electronics recycling firm back in Eugene where I hail from
>that would take all electronics, resell that which was working, and break
>down and sort the rest for scrap metal and materials. It was a fairly
>profitable enterprise, especially in reclaimed metals and resales. Is there
>anything like that around here?

A few in addition to what's been mentioned already. Not all of them
handle e-waste, but sometimes you have bigger stuff.

http://www.coronavisions.com/

www.210geeks.com

http://www.newellrecyclingsa.com/

And the City solid waste and recycling program; it's important to know
what's not accepted in the cart. There are periodic free disposal days
for household hazardous waste as well.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/swmd/

--
"He who innovates will have for his enemies all those who are well off
under the existing order of things, and only lukewarm supporters in