[SATLUG] Discarding old systems

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 1 23:07:52 CST 2012

On 12/1/2012 7:37 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Don Wright wrote:
>
>> And the City solid waste and recycling program; it's important to know
>> what's not accepted in the cart. There are periodic free disposal days
>> for household hazardous waste as well.
>> http://www.sanantonio.gov/swmd/
>
> Don,
>   I don't live in SA, but UC does do hazardous collections twice a year.
> The amount I have is not large - 3 systems.  I think two work but are
> old but I'm pretty sure the 3rd is fried (there may be some
> salvageable components).  I was waiting for Art to respond so I can
> arrange details.
>
>   -- Bruce

Bruce --

I don't know if Art is even following SATLUG much any more.  The
families that he's been giving systems to don't want Linux, since that's
not what they would need to know if they got a job requiring computer
experience.  So he's been having to build them with that "other" OS.

I cc'd Art to make sure he would see this ...

Al Lesmerises