[SATLUG] Disk I/O charts.

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:44:16 CST 2012

Hey folks,

for a long time I struggled to find an easy and quick method to
visualize the diskio patterns on our customer's servers, findally
after leaf through several books around a well known bookstore I
bumped into a pretty cool tool called Processing, after several
periods of intense work and neglect, I finally released the code and
idea to the wild:

http://code.google.com/p/diskheat/

It pretty much creates a heat map of the DISK %BUSY as reported by a
performance gathering tool written by IBM (and open source for Linux)
but it is pretty trivial to change it to use a different source of
information.

best regards,
Enrique Sanchez.

ps.... don't say anything about the code too much :) it is a mess.