[SATLUG] Disk I/O charts.

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:21:56 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Joe <null.div.zero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I see.  Thank you for taking the time to explain that.   I work in a
> Windows shop.  I've never considered that. My home computers are Linux;
> but, they are not raid + only I access the file server.  At work we just
> raid 50 and don't look back.  I'll look into this more though.  Is it
> primarily a concern for data delivery time, or can you actually structure
> the data to increase drive life (reducing block read overlap or something)?
> --

Joe, if you configure all disk into single units you might not find
the tool too useful as a regular line chart should be clear enough for
a few units and NMON only runs on AIX & Linux.

The servers I work with we group the disks as JBOD (just a bunch of
disks) and we relay on the SAN Storage Servers (and multiple paths of
course) for reliability.

regards,
enrique.

____